Getting a job is not an easy scenario at present. Thousands of fresh engineers are waiting in queues for their Offer letters, many engineers don’t have a Job, but the ones who have a Job already feel good about it ?
Working at an MNC, working for a software firm, working for a public sector enterprise, or any other Job – People always have certain issues. These issues tend to depress the person more and more as his career in the same firm progresses. Let us see what are the probable causes for this depression!
1. Disappointment : Everyone has certain aspirations in life, but only selected few are blessed with living it. The remaining are supposed to live with the disappointment.
2. Monotonous Life: Everyone of us will face this issue within a few years, if not months after joining a Job. Since we have had a variety of people to interact with in college, workplace which offers the same persons and the same environment to deal with will start appearing to be monotonous.
3. Lack of Job Satisfaction: Well to say this is another kind of disappointment. Learning a subject for four years and a work that is not in anyway related will bring not only disappointment but lack of satisfaction in your job. Another thing that leads to lack of Job Satisfaction is due to lack of a good work ethics or a good working culture. Many Indians are compelled to work for a Job for which they are overqualified.
4. Feeling “I Haven’t achieved what i wanted ” : Not all of us will have this feel because everyone has different ambitions about what they want to achieve. This one feeling is quite complicated. For some this feel can motivate them and help in progress of their career. For some it leads to despair and destruction of self confidence.
5. Loneliness: Till college, we had friends wherever we go whatever we do. But once you get into a professional organisation, you are forced to become competitive. You have to compete with your friends, your enemies, your well wishers or whomsoever that appear as a challenge/obstacle in the path of your career. This will ruin many friendship ending up in loneliness. I may seem to over exaggerate this particular point but this happens in many individual’s lives.
6. What are we working for : Once we are into a job, we are given the false notion that we should work for appraisals and increments and promotions. But will these lead to anything significant in our career. will it bring any real sense of satisfaction. Because of this notions We fail to remember that we should work for ourselves, not for our bosses.
7. We start to miss a guide/mentor: All our academic life had a mentor/guide/teacher who will encourage in one way or the other to keep us motivated. But we seem to be missing them after into a job. Lack of motivation can hit our work life really hard.
8. Changing your principles for a Job: This feeling could be felt by everyone who has a Job in Software firms. Working late nights, going for parties we don’t wish to go, spending money on things which we will rarely/never use just and many more.
9. Parental Pressure: We often feel that our parents are the ones who make our decisions. Whether it be building a house or buying a car/bike. Because of these issues many of us fail to make decisions, fail to learn things in important situations in our life.
I don’t intend to give any solutions, neither I have any solutions for these problems faced after Joining a Job. Like Shakespeare said ” World is a stage and we are all actors in it” I just want to say perform your part well, if else try to act but don’t over act in any situations in Life.The stage is still set. Live your life the way you want it to be.